Monday, August 6, 2007

Have you Turned Away a True Disciple

I sometimes tend to forget where I have come from; I know where I am going. I know that even with the all my warts, bruises and faults I am not worthy of this task the lord has laid out for me. But when I dig into His word, I am (and I’m not tooting my own horn), just as good as those He has called in the past. Mercy the first man named in the bible tore us away from God, then the story of his offspring Cain and Able, How about Moses that could not talk plain, he stuttered and had trouble speaking in public yet he publicly challenged the Pharaoh over and over again until the Pharaoh relented to God’s demands through Moses. Look at who Jesus chose as His disciples, look at these fisherman and tax collectors, the people He chose. Would I have chosen these men and women to build my Church with, would you have chosen these people? Probably not, but He did. Now I want you to think, first of the fishermen or sailors in your life. The drinking and carousing that they do today maybe pails in comparison to these men, yet Jesus had called them each one by one without hesitation. How about Saul the Jew of Jews that he would call himself, he hunted down tortured and had murdered numerous Christians and yet Jesus still calls him and names him Paul and he because the largest evangelist of all times. It really makes you think does it not? You know we all look for leaders of the church and we just know what they are going to look like and sound like don’t we. Remember when you got your call, I do, and I am not the person I would have chosen to lead in the church. But God has called and set me apart, and that is an awesome thing. Now I try very hard to not let the stained glass cloud the vision that the Lord would want me to see. So I do have to remember where I have come from to get to this point to remind others that God can use even someone as unworthy as me to spread His gospel. That way when the person that has the ratty clothing and smells of a bar, begins to talk about what God is doing through them I can remember where I came from and can listen and guide this person to see what God has in store for them as well. So when you begin to judge those around you have to remember it is not by our standards that God chooses but by His and we just need to gather those He sends to us and love them where they are and make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ. So go in Grace, Mercy and Peace and share that Grace, Mercy and Peace with others that God has put in your path, they may be the next Paul or Billy Graham.

No comments: