Friday, August 24, 2007

Time Flies, Are You Ready?

Wow can you believe that the summer is almost over? High school football games will be kicking off tonight and the college and pro seasons kick off right on their heels. Schools have opened for another year of teaching our young. I can remember when I went to school (Now is the time to sound like that old timer on the porch). We didn’t start school till the Tuesday after Labor Day. You got that last blast of summer fun the Jerry Lewis telethon and then school Tuesday morning. It really made for a good gage of where we were in the year. Fall was the start of school and football. When basketball season started that marked the mid point of the year and winter was coming upon us. The start of track and baseball season was spring was in the air and the school year was almost done. But now we have some schools that have even gone to year round school schedules yuck!!
But to get back to now with Labor Day just a week away, the holiday seasons are right around the corner. I will not bum you out with how many shopping days till Christmas but it is fast approaching. I have a calendar that shows three months at a time and as of today I can see when Halloween is and in a week I will be turning to the next month and will be seeing Thanksgiving. I remember as a child how my days off and vacations flow by but now everyday seems to fly by and the days fly into weeks into months and then another year escapes us. It now makes me sit a think what have I done to further Gods kingdom here on earth. Is the time that is flying by time that I have managed well for God? Most of the times I must when I answer truthfully say no I have not done what I have been called to do. How about you, are you filling your time with what God has called you to do? Or do you just muddle through each day just doing what you think you want to do? You see when we realize that our time here on earth is really fleeting. We must get busy and answer God’s call on our live. You know many have tried to predict when the end-times would come. I do not know and the Bible does not say, as a matter of fact Jesus even tells us not to worry about when that time is and that only the Father knows when it is. He only says that we are to be ready, and we need to be ready by doing what God has called each of us to do. Because He will came as a thief in the night and will we be ready or will we still be sleeping and miss His glorious return. Please be ready!! Go with Grace, Mercy and Peace.

No comments: