Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thanks Again Tom

Wow what a week that just went by. If you have already seen Tina’s page I am just rehashing old news, but exciting non-the less. Our daughter (in-law) gave birth to a beautiful baby girl; she was 18.5 inches long and 8 lbs. 8 oz. and a full head of hair. The birth of a child is great and as the next few days came and went, I started to begin to notice the entire rebirth that was taking place all around me. Trees coming into bloom, flowers budding and lilies bursting out in full color, and the grass needing to be mowed as it grew higher and getting that deeper shade of green.
Chesterhill and Pisgah had communion this past Sunday, which is a chance for all believers to have their own rebirth in Christ Jesus. I would like to thank Pastor Tom Hanover, who is the Foothills District Superintendent, for coming out to serve the communion. I would also like to thank his wife Cathy for coming and worshipping with us at Pisgah and Chesterhill.
What a message that was delivered for a Sunday of rededication to and for Christ as “Why limp when we can fly” was the title to the message. It just set the renewing, the rebirth, even stronger in what I felt going on around me.
We do tend to let wounds hinder what we do or even just how we do it, don’t we. We tend to say and believe I can’t do that, I’m the wrong gender to do that, or I’m not strong enough, I’m not confident enough, I’m too young or even I’m too old. But you see it is not about me, it is not about you or even the churches we attend. But it is about what Christ can do in you and through you. When we show strength in our obvious weakness, courage through our fear, our confidence in our anxiety, it glorifies Christ above all things, because acknowledging our weakness it shows Christ strength in us, it shows how powerful He truly is, and in that we glorify Him. It shows how He is working in us despite of ourselves if we will just stay out of the way.
May you let Jesus work in you, to lift you higher and higher in all you do, because as Tom said Sunday “WHY LIMP WHEN YOU CAN FLY!!!!”

Go with the Grace, Mercy and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: