Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Lead Pastor Chosen

PASTOR RICK & NANCY BENNINGTON

Sorry for the delay in getting this done, but this past few weeks have been very busy. Between this ministry, secular job and family issues, time has been hard pressed. But I do want to take a moment and welcome the new Lead Pastor to our cooperative. Pastor Rick Bennington and his wife Nancy will be coming from Logan, OH. I have known Rick from various District functions where he either taught or shared at. Rick is a very energetic individual that is filled with the spirit that will enable him to lead us and guide the New Vision Cooperative Ministries to the next level. I know as we are sad due to losing Pastor Dan and his family. Dan is the person that allowed me to understand my call to the ministry and has helped me walk the first few miles of learning and the growing of Christ in me. So having Dan leave will not be easy, but I know that when God opens a door we must be faithful and go through that door, knowing that He is right there with us. I feel the passion and energy that Rick brings will making this an exciting journey for Tina and me. With Rick coming to this point in ministry through the Local Licensed Pastor path, he will be a great resource for Tina and me as we travel that road. He will be able to guide us thru those rough spots and allow us to know what is coming and how to handle things.


Again with Rick’s passion and energy I look forward to see the NVCM as it continues to grow and working better together. The best thing we can all do is to really pull together and work together even more. This will allow Rick and Nancy not having to start out pulling their hair out wondering what they got themselves into. But also for Dan, Ann and the boys to see that all of that hard work and time away from each other was not in vain. It would give Dan a sense of accomplishment and closure knowing that as a father watches their child grow he would have seen us grow.

Tina and I will be covering Stockport and Oakland for the month of June as Rick comes us 1 July 2008. This will make his first week in the pulpit at Stockport and Oakland on 6 July 2008. We look forward to be working with Rick and helping to lead these four congregations through this transition. I know that God’s hands are upon Rick, Nancy, Dan, Ann and the 5 churches represented. God is moving and we need to be ready to pick up OUR crosses and to follow Christ. It is time to stop just professing our faith in Christ and start being whole hearted followers of Christ. May all that see us, see the love and light of Jesus Christ in all we say and do.

Go with the Grace and Mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and may He continue to guide and work within you and through you.

No comments: