Saturday, May 17, 2008

Finding Grace in Troubled Times

So I sit here and contemplate what I want to write. I mean there are so many things that are going on in the world. One that affects all of us is the gas prices, then there is the cyclone that struck Burma, and even the earthquake that struck China. Please feel free to e-mail your comments at our web site www.nv4christ.com or comment on this blog if you are at http://nv4christ.blogspot.com at any time. I like to know what you all are thinking are what is concerning you.

But in the midst of all the tragedies look around at all of the beauty that surrounds us. The flowers coming up after a longs winter nap, trees in full bloom or full of leaves. I use to never take the time to think of these things, I took it all for granted knowing they were there last year and the year before and so on. Never thinking they would not be there. But then I look at the images coming from Burma, and China seeing the devastation all around. The loss homes, communities and all those lives lost, generations of families lost for ever.

You know in the twinkling of an eye we can all be gone! Taken out of this world without a trace and I wonder, did I do all Jesus has called me to do. I thank the Lord for my knowing Him and having a relationship with Him. But then I wonder did those thousands of people know Christ, did anyone take the time to share with them the Good News of Grace and Mercy and Love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

It puts a whole new spin on sharing the Gospel, does it not. Would my 5, 10 or 15 minutes of discomfort worth the eternally lives of those around me, you, us. Christ did not live just to teach a few men, He did not die upon the cross and resurrected to save just a few but to save all that believe in Him. But the only way people can believe is for people to know and the only way they can know is through each and every one of us. Not just our words, though we sing "Tell you a story" but are we telling the story, not just mind numbing repetition of sing the hymn but in passion filled discusions and in the actions and deed we do. Do those people around us see the love and light of Christ in all we say and do.

M y prayer is that we stop just professing Christ but following Christ. Living out all that He said and did. Then we can truly be called a Christian a Follower of Jesus Christ.

Go with the Grace and Mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and may He continue to guide and work within you and through you.

No comments: