Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day & A Bittersweet Goodbye

Remember your veterans this weekend, as it is Memorial Day Weekend. Not only those that have served or serving, but even those that are parents, children or spouses of those that have served or serving. They truly sacrifice, because they did not choose the life that the one serving did. But they still live that marry-go-round of deployments, exercises, long hours and days and, months of separation from their loved ones.

Then there is the wondering, especially during these days, with Iraqi and Afghanistan going on, getting that phone call or that knock on the door. I did not know about that aspect a few years ago because I have served myself in the Navy, I knew what I had gotten myself into and I wanted to put all of my training to work. So I can understand how the veteran approaches these things, but I am married to someone that has two young men that were in the Marines, one still serving. I now can feel that pain when, Tina goes a few days without hear from the oldest that is still in the Marines. I now know that fear that a loved one feels as their son or daughter is shipped to serve overseas in combat.

So this memorial day remember all that have sacrificed for our freedoms. Those in the uniform and those that keep the home fires burning waiting for their safe return home.

I would also like to publicly say thank you to Dan and his family for everything they have done since coming to Stockport. Speaking of sacrifice, Dan and Dan's family sacrificed willing his time as a Husband and father and their time with their daddy and husband, so that he could accomplish God's work here. All of those meetings and functions to see the leaders identified, raised up and equipped to do God's work.

Dan and Family, know that you will always be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all so much and will look forward as we (Tina and I) on this path of ministry, for our paths crossing.

Go through the open door knowing that Jesus is right there with you every step of the way. We as the New Vision Cooperative Ministry go through the open door in front of us, with a new Sheppard.

Go with the Grace and Mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and may He continue to guide and work within you and through you.

No comments: